Saturday, January 1, 2011

One More Sleep!

By Kate 

In my family we count down trips by how many more “sleeps” we have until we leave.  As of today we have one more sleep until we leave for our two week South Africa journey.  I am franticly running around trying to pack and get everything taken care of.  But, in the midst of my hustle and bustle, I find myself day dreaming of what will manifest over the course of our two week class abroad.  I try to picture the unknown faces of people I will encounter.  What stories will I hear?  What images will I not be able to shake from my memory?  What smells will I smell?  And what tastes will I taste.  There are so many unknown and for this reason I am beyond excited and am eagerly anticipatory of the adventures that are on the horizon. 

Sitting on the brink of adventure, I am flooded with prayers and thoughts about this impending journey.  As a seminary student seeking ordination after graduation, I am aware of the potential impact this adventure has on my future ministry experiences.  I pray for an open mind and a clairvoyant awareness.   May relationships be developed between myself and the South Africans I get the pleasure to meet.   As well as a deepening of the already established relationships I have with fellow classmates.  Additionally I pray for safety though out this adventure.  I am thankful for the opportunities that sit in front of us.  And selfishly I am extremely thankful for the summer weather that South Africa is currently experiencing. 

I invite all of you who read this blog, to follow along with us as we share our experiences and daily happenings.  I hope our pictures and stories help to give you a glimpse into the rich beauty of the country of South Africa.  I cannot wait!

-- Kate --

No comments:

Post a Comment