Saturday, January 1, 2011

Getting Ready

by Todd

I can't believe that the trip is almost here. For so long it has seemed like this trip was so far away. I am really excited, and a little nervous! I am most excited to get to meet the youth pastor and interview the teenager. I am really curious to see whether the young people believe that reconciliation has happened or continues to happen. I was recently rereading Almost Christian where Kenda talks about youth being a window into the life of the church at large. That really got me excited to know that we will be talking with youth and hopefully learning a lot not just about youth ministry, but about the whole church in South Africa and beyond. I hope that I will be able to take what I learn in South Africa and apply it to not only my work with youth, but to my work with the whole church!

I am most nervous about leaving my family behind. It really hit me at breakfast this morning when I was telling my eldest daughter about all the animals we would see, and then my youngest daughter (20 months) got all excited thinking we were going to the zoo. It made me realize how much I wish I could share these experiences first hand with my family. Unfortunately, pictures and story will have to suffice.

In less than 48 hrs we will be on our way! Can't Wait!

-- Todd --

No comments:

Post a Comment